We like having chicken in many ways and we do love this baked chicken so much. It is so fast to prepare and it took less than 40 minutes to be ready. I always thaw my frozen chicken in the refrigerator, early in the morning before we leave the house for work and school. Then in the afternoon, I will take out the chicken, prep and put in the oven to cook. While waiting for it to be done, I will run the laundry and prepare for dinner. So easy and smells marvelous too. Here is the recipe for this baked chicken.
2 chicken breast halves without skin, bone-in
2 potatoes, cut in 6 wedges (boiled for 10 minutes)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika/ chilli powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon parsley leaves (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
6-8 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking pan with foil.
2.Place chicken breast in a bowl. Mix with garlic, chilli, onion, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until well coated.
3. Place chicken breast, potatoes and cherry tomatoes in center of the pan.
4.Pour melted margarine over chicken and vegetables; sprinkle evenly with cheese and parsley leaves.
5.Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, stirring vegetables once halfway through cooking.
My family menu planner consists of variety of dishes. As far as possible I’ll try to put the family favourite in the menu planner. One of the most requested main dish that served frequently on the dining table is this chicken paprik.
Chicken paprik is a very famous cuisine normally found in Thai restaurants across Malaysia. It combines a flavorful of vegetables, chicken, kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass. It is rich in flavour and the fresh smell of lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves is very enticing. This is a very great recipe normally taken during lunch or dinner.
1 Chicken breast, Cut into Strips or Cube
2 Cloves Garlic, slice or bruised
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
1 Stalk Cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Medium Sized carrot, sliced
4 Kafir Lime Leaves, torn
1 Lemongrass, bruised
2 tbs Chilli Paste
1 tbs Oyster sauce
1 tbs Tomato sauce
1 tps Sugar
1 tps Salt
Enough Oil for Frying
1. Prepare the chicken first by stir frying in some oil until slightly charred.
2. Put it aside while you prepare the gravy.
3. Using the same wok, heat some oil. Stir fry onion, garlic, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
4. Add in chilli paste and oyster sauce. Let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Mix in carrot and cauliflower and continue to stir fry.
6. Add in chicken and season with salt and sugar.
7. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes on a high heat until the vegetables are cooked.
8. Serve with a plate of rice.
I love making this recipe…so easy and yet so tasty…the chicken is first partially cooked in butter or oil and is then finished in a liquid, in this case a mixture of orange juice, tomatoes and chicken stock. There is a bit of garlic, a touch of rosemary and a colorful garnish of sauteed vegetables.