We just had lunch after a hectic morning. Just done baking a 3 layer moist chocolate cake for friend’s birthday. This cake is requested by the birthday girl, so I baked this chocolate cake contentedly. Kitchen is in a mess condition, with all the baking and decorating items but the children and I still need our lunch. We had this fish with rice. It was so simple, which took less than 15 minutes to cook. I use dory fish fillet dip in a simple batter. What makes this batter so special, is it is so crispy yet so quick to prepare. Here I attached the recipe to make this batter.
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
3/4 cup water
2 tsp vinegar
1 egg lightly beaten
1. Mix flour, salt, curry powder and chilli powder until combine.
2. Add water, stir well. Add vinegar. Stir.
3. Add egg.
The batter is ready to use.
Coat fish fillet with flour then dip into the batter. Fry until perfection. Serve hot.
We have our fried fish with chilli sauce and mayonnaise.
My family loves eating seafood so I have to search variety of seafood menu to cater the family desire. One of our favorite seafood dish is this Chilli Curry Crab. What makes this dish so special is its sensuous, sweet yet savory sauce, created with a base of chilli and tomato sauces which will satisfy your taste buds. This famous dish is traditionally served with a plate of hot rice.
Here is a quick and easy chilli curry crab recipe. This recipe involves crab pieces cooked in a chili sauce, tomato sauce, corn starch, ginger, garlic, egg, curry leaves and lime juice. You can garnish crab with fresh herbs.
Onions – 2, chopped
Dry red chilies – 5
Ginger – 2 tablespoons minced
Garlic – 1 tablespoons minced
Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons
Chilli sauce – 1/4 cup
Ketchup – 1/4 cup
Curry leaves – 5-7 pieces
water – 1 cup
Cornstarch – 1 tablespoons dissolved with 1 tablespoons of water
Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
Egg – 1 lightly beaten
How to make chilli crab:
1. Wash and clean the crabs. Remove the gills and spongy parts under the shell. Cut the body into 4 pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and saute the onions. Fry the onions until light brown and add ginger, garlic and red chillies. Cook on a medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the crabs and stir well until there is change in color on the crab shells.
4. Then add chilli sauce, ketchup, water and mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Finally add egg and corn starch and stir well for 3 minutes.
6. Cover and cook the crab for another 4 minutes.
7. Garnish with herb leaves.
This delectable dish is light on the tongue and dressed with a creamy sauce. Touched with lime juice and lemon grass, it is in the character of Thai cooking, using a wok to seal in juices and food flavors, and to crisp up vegetables. The trick is to bring the oil to high heat quickly, add clams, then vegetables, and keep the food moving by constant rocking of the wok. You can also use a spatula with a rounded edge, or a net spoon to keep foods moving.