This is wonderful to serve for breakfast. The recipe is a combination of lightly beaten eggs with milk, chilli powder, onion, salt and pepper and I add sliced of mushrooms and diced pineapple. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes (375 degrees F) or until the eggs are no longer runny and the center is set and top is slightly browned. Sprinkle top of the casserole with grated cheddar cheese, and stick the pan back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Yummy !!
This is one of my favourite recipe. The bean sprout is cooked with tofu, chives, chili and anchovies in a creamy coconut milk. For healthier option, you may substitute the coconut milk with low fat milk. It is normally serve with a plate of rice and other spicy or salty dish.
Below is the recipe for you to try.
2 tbsp anchovies- ground
2 onions -ground
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups water
300 g bean sprouts
1 bunch chives – cut into 1″ length
2 tofu – cut into cube
2 red chilies – julienne
10 pcs shrimps
salt to taste
1. In a pot, add water, coconut milk, anchovies and onions. Cook over medium heat and stir continuously or the coconut milk will split. Let simmer.
2. Add tofu, bean sprout, chives and chilies. Stir slowly.
3. Add shrimps and salt to taste.
4. Serve hot with a plate of white rice.
My family loves eating seafood so I have to search variety of seafood menu to cater the family desire. One of our favorite seafood dish is this Chilli Curry Crab. What makes this dish so special is its sensuous, sweet yet savory sauce, created with a base of chilli and tomato sauces which will satisfy your taste buds. This famous dish is traditionally served with a plate of hot rice.
Here is a quick and easy chilli curry crab recipe. This recipe involves crab pieces cooked in a chili sauce, tomato sauce, corn starch, ginger, garlic, egg, curry leaves and lime juice. You can garnish crab with fresh herbs.
Onions – 2, chopped
Dry red chilies – 5
Ginger – 2 tablespoons minced
Garlic – 1 tablespoons minced
Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons
Chilli sauce – 1/4 cup
Ketchup – 1/4 cup
Curry leaves – 5-7 pieces
water – 1 cup
Cornstarch – 1 tablespoons dissolved with 1 tablespoons of water
Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
Egg – 1 lightly beaten
How to make chilli crab:
1. Wash and clean the crabs. Remove the gills and spongy parts under the shell. Cut the body into 4 pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and saute the onions. Fry the onions until light brown and add ginger, garlic and red chillies. Cook on a medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the crabs and stir well until there is change in color on the crab shells.
4. Then add chilli sauce, ketchup, water and mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Finally add egg and corn starch and stir well for 3 minutes.
6. Cover and cook the crab for another 4 minutes.
7. Garnish with herb leaves.
This delectable dish is light on the tongue and dressed with a creamy sauce. Touched with lime juice and lemon grass, it is in the character of Thai cooking, using a wok to seal in juices and food flavors, and to crisp up vegetables. The trick is to bring the oil to high heat quickly, add clams, then vegetables, and keep the food moving by constant rocking of the wok. You can also use a spatula with a rounded edge, or a net spoon to keep foods moving.