Hi readers..today I made steamed fish for lunch. I use medium mackerel and lots of fresh vegetables. The preparation took about 20 minutes and another 20 minutes to steam the fish. It is simple, healthy and taste wonderful too. However this recipe is quite spicy to a few people, so those who wish to try may need to adjust the amount of chilli used.
The following is the recipe..
1. 2 medium mackerel fish. (Pomfret and grouper will do too).
2. 2 tbsp lemon juice
3. Chilli paste (see the recipe below).
4. 1 cup shredded carrot
5. 1 cup shredded cucumber, (seedless)
6. 1 tomato, seedless and diced
7. 1 cup diced pineapple
8. 1 red chilli, finely sliced
1. Prepare the steamer and let the water to boil.
2. Clean the fish and sprinkle with salt. Put in the foil.
3. Coat the fish with the chilli paste.
4. Add vegetables and lemon juice.
5. Wrap the foil nicely and put in a plate.
6. Put the fish in the steamer. Let steam for 20 minutes or until done.
7. Serve hot with plain rice.
The Chilli Paste
2 red chillies
1 inch ginger
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp tamarind juice
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil/ butter.
1. Blend all the vegetables until fine. (You may use food chopper or pestle and mortar)
2. In a pan, heat the oil.
3. Saute the paste until fragrance.
4. Add tamarind juice. Stir until combine.
5. Add sugar and salt to taste. Turn off the heat.