My family menu planner consists of variety of dishes. As far as possible I’ll try to put the family favourite in the menu planner. One of the most requested main dish that served frequently on the dining table is this chicken paprik.
Chicken paprik is a very famous cuisine normally found in Thai restaurants across Malaysia. It combines a flavorful of vegetables, chicken, kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass. It is rich in flavour and the fresh smell of lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves is very enticing. This is a very great recipe normally taken during lunch or dinner.
1 Chicken breast, Cut into Strips or Cube
2 Cloves Garlic, slice or bruised
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
1 Stalk Cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Medium Sized carrot, sliced
4 Kafir Lime Leaves, torn
1 Lemongrass, bruised
2 tbs Chilli Paste
1 tbs Oyster sauce
1 tbs Tomato sauce
1 tps Sugar
1 tps Salt
Enough Oil for Frying
1. Prepare the chicken first by stir frying in some oil until slightly charred.
2. Put it aside while you prepare the gravy.
3. Using the same wok, heat some oil. Stir fry onion, garlic, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
4. Add in chilli paste and oyster sauce. Let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Mix in carrot and cauliflower and continue to stir fry.
6. Add in chicken and season with salt and sugar.
7. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes on a high heat until the vegetables are cooked.
8. Serve with a plate of rice.