After completing my daily chores this morning, I open the fridge and saw these blueberries. They were the remaining balance after baking some Pavlova. Not wanting to waste this berries, since they are so expensive to buy and difficult to get, I decided to make use of them. I thought of pancake or cupcakes, but then after checking my baking ingredients the best option is to make blueberry muffin. The process was simple and takes about 40 minutes from prepping to baking. While waiting them to be done, I continue reading stories from Wattpad.Here is the recipe that I use and some pictures. Enjoy.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
3. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
4. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.